Airway Management & Oxygen Therapy
Why not improve the chance to save a casualty’s life. Oxygen therapy improves the chance of resuscitation six times greater than rescue breath resuscitation. You don’t need to be a doctor, nurse or health care professional to administer oxygen. Your employees can further their First Aid skills by completing our four hour course in Airway management & Oxygen Therapy.
Personnel attending should hold a valid First Aid at Work certificate
The syllabus covers:
- How to store oxygen cylinders and maintain them safely
- Why we need oxygen and how the diffusion of oxygen works.
- How to measure, select and insert Naso / Oral pharyngeal airways
- Using the Pulse-oximeter to determine the need of oxygen
- Selection of appropriate mask
- How to assemble and use the oxygen cylinder
- Using the Bag, Valve and Mask (BVM) for resuscitation and Manual Suction
- Precautions & Contra-indications
- The Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Patient & Hypoxic drive